Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's been a while....

It HAS definitely been a while since I have done a post. For the past couple of month's I have been really good at "blog stalking", but have really neglected our little blog. So for 2010, I am going to try and be better at blogging and capturing the sweet little moments in life.

We have had a few changes in our lives this past couple of months - the biggest one for me, is that I quit my job! For those of you that know me, know that this is a HUGE thing for me....I will be 36 in March and I have had some sort of a job (or two) since I was 13 years old! I think work is something that I have used to define who I am....so I am on day #5 without a job and to be honest, it is a little wierd! I do feel like something is missing, but I know it definitely isn't! I know I am doing exactly what I need to be doing right now with soon to be 4 kids under the age of 6 (3 under the age of 3). I found out today that baby boy #4 (Sawyer) will be arriving by inducement January 28th, 2010......unless he decides to make a sooner entrance!!! We are so excited for his arrival and are counting the days. For any of you pregnant mom's out there, I found out today that when I deliver the baby, children under the age of 12 are NOT ALLOWED to visit you in the hospital due to the H1N1 restrictions that most hospitals have in place. When I heard this I got tears in my eyes, because for me, part of the fun of having a new baby is watching your other kids react to seeing them for the first time. I guess this little introduction party will only be delayed by a couple of days....but I was still disappointed when I got this news. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this news "positive" for my kids, send them my way....because right now, I only see tears and sadness when I deliver the news.

Troy and the kids and doing great! Grace turned 6 the week before Christmas and we had a fun birthday party for her! 22 little friends and cousins her age came over and we partied it up! She is really into Hannah Montana right now, so she wanted to have a "Hannah Montana" themed party....which we tried our best to put together. Christmas and New Year's were also fun and maybe I will do a post about them now that I am back to blogland ;)

Sorry no pic's with this post, I just switched to a new computer, so I need to get all my pic's organized and on this computer (yes, this is also on my list for 2010).... so it will happen hopefully sooner than later.....I also changed our header and background for 2010, and am going to try and beautify my blog to be more like your blog's that I enjoy reading/stalking :)

2 comments:

  1. wahooooooo. welcome back. we missed you! xo

    oh wait...my favorite part. That you are a mother to 3.8 kids! love it! we are excited for you adn Troy and all your new adventures. Can't wait till Jan. 28th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I can't believe you finally quit your extra job (as if having 3 kids (almost 4)isn't job enough).
    Idea for bringing Sawyer home: Have them all assigned to introduce him to a room of their choice and something that they love (ie their blanket or stuffed animal) when he gets there. Have Troy make them prepare for it so they feel like they are doing something important. kind of silly but it worked for my boys.

    ReplyDelete