Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins, Pizza & Caramel Apples


So last night, Troy and I decided to have a fun filled night of pizza, pumpkin carving and caramel apple making.....We had a great time and the kids attention span lasted longer than we thought they would. We started the night with a Papa Murphy's "pumpkin shaped" pepperoni pizza - this was a huge hit with the kids (definitely a tradition we will start if Papa Murphy's keeps it up)! After the pizza, we got started on the caramel apples and pumpkin carving. The caramel apples were made pretty quick, BUT pumpkin carving just isn't what it used to be when I was little.....it used to consist of two triangles for the eyes, one for the nose and a mouth with a couple of square teeth (one always on top, and one always on the bottom)....20 minutes and you were done! Well after 20 minutes, we decided what "designs" we were going to do on each pumpkin (4 total) and got the designs taped to the pumpkins......2 hours later, Troy was finishing the last details on the FINAL pumpkin and we had both about had it! The kids had fun pulling out the pumpkin "guts", but kept asking when they were going to be done.....they were each proud of their pumpkin and loved it when we lit them up as the grand finale!



























4 comments:

  1. I love your pitures. It looks like you had a great Halloween ! We made caramel apples and I think I actually ate my weight in apples. So good, but I don;t think I will eat them again for a full year. Your kids costumes were so cute, I love Halloween. Thanks for dinner last night, it was so fun, ( and delicious) you always go all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have energy to keep having fun. Those designs looked pretty intricate. I'm glad that I don't live in the here and now with kids. I don't think that I would measure up. It looked so fun! Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. BLOG already won't ya! We miss you in blogland! :) AND thanks for the great cousin party Sat...you are all the best! xo

    ReplyDelete