Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Birthday 6th Birthday Grace!

I can't believe that Grace turned 6 years old December 19th, 2009! I feel like it was yesterday that I was anticipating her arrival, wishing I had a zipper on my stomache so I could peak and see what my precious Grace looked like! The day she was born is a day I will never forget.....it is the day I took on the much anticipated role of a mother! I had wanted to be a mom for so long and swore I would do everything right and be the "perfect mom".....well looking back, I did a lot of things right, but did so many things "wrong" and have learned so many things by practice and experience. I am grateful for Grace and what a thoughtful, loving, fun daughter she is! She is a great big sister to Carson and Chloe and is a great example to them. She is so excited to welcome Sawyer to our family and is constantly making sure he is included in any discussion that involves the kids :) Grace also loves kindergarten! She loves her teacher, Mrs. Hanna and I can't believe how her reading has taken off! She is starting to read chapter books and everywhere we go she tells me what every sign says.....it brings Troy and I so much happiness to see her growing and developing - we also have to come up with a new way of "code talking" since spelling words out is no longer an option. Grace also loves gymnastics and friends! Grace has a lot of friends, but she still makes sure Carson is included whenever she has a friend over....I love that she does this - hopefully Carson will learn from her example and make sure Chloe is included as friends become more important to him. This year, we had a friend/cousin birthday party for Grace - 22 friends and cousins her age to be exact! Grace loves Hannah Montana and so we did our best to put together a "Hannah Montana Party" and we had a great day! Here are some pic's of her big day:



















No comments:

Post a Comment