Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sawyer Call Brown


Sawyer Call Brown came into this world last Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 12:52 p.m.. He weighed 7 lbs., 9.9 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. He has 10 fingers, 10 toes, lots of black hair.....and is absolutely perfect! I can't believe he is finally here and our family is complete (we think)!! I was scheduled to be induced, but when I got to the hospital I was having regular contractions about 6 minutes apart and was dilated to a 4+....so they considered me in "active labor" and did not call it an inducement.....I am proud to say I went into labor all by myself! I have been induced with the other 3, so I considered this to be quite an accomplishment.....Troy was hoping for an ohmygoshmywaterjustbrokewehavetogettothehospitalNOW moment, but this was good enough for me :). Today, Sawyer is 1 week old and so far has been an absolute angel! He is sleeping well, eating well, and only cries a little when he has his bath. All of the kids have done really well....even Chloe. She was a little miffed when I got home and didn't want to have much to do with me. I think she was mad that I disappeared for a couple of days and came home with this other "thing" that everyone fusses over and calls "baby"......after all, she is still the "baby".....right?! Well, we have been re-bonding each day and things are almost back to normal (even though she prefers Troy over me EVERYTIME she gets the chance).....but we are working on it! Here are some pic's of Sawyer:

7 comments:

  1. He is so adorable. You two make REALLY cute kids. Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that you are adjusting well to the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You look amazing! No one should be allowed to look that good right after delivery! Sawyer is a great name and he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats.
    he is
    so, so
    beautiful.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute!! I need to come out and see him again. I am glad you are feeling a little better. It was fun to see the kids this week. We will have to get Landri and Grace togeter to play, they have so much fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad everything went (or seemed) to go so smoothly. Those pictures are so precious. Sawyer is beautiful. You and Troy have such an amazing family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh thanks for you kind words on my post. Everyone has been so sweet and supportive. I am so lucky to have ALL of you. Thinking of not holding Sawyer breaks my lil heart. Man I can't think about it or I get too sad! I love you guys and fam means everything! BTW, I'm with Brie...
    Sawyer is absolutely beautiful.period.period. love him...

    ReplyDelete
  7. THat kid is seriously the CUTEST baby ever! Love him! He is so lucky to have parent's like you.

    ReplyDelete